The evo Group of Companies has launched its brand new initiative intending to further establish the companies’ Corporate Social Responsibility guidelines and key areas of focus for ESG (Environmental, Social and Corporate Governance).
Named evoLUTION, this new framework incorporates four pillars which the company has set individual and group targets for.
- Our People – Wellbeing & Workplace
- Our Natural Environment – Preserve & Protect
- Our Communities – Respect & Reputation
- Our Supply Chain – Trust & Transparency
Whilst setting these pillars, The evo Group of Companies will be renewing their focus towards a strong commitment towards charity and the wider community.
The company have set an initial target for staff to complete 3,000 hours of charity work outside of regular working hours and are increasing the number of training hours undertaken by current staff in order to further drive engagement and participation in the evoLUTION initiative.
To track this year’s progress achieved with evoLUTION, The evo Group of Companies will be using foundations which were set in 2018 to measure against and will be producing an annual report which adheres to General Reporting Initiative (GRI) internationally recognised standards.
evoLUTION Group Targets
Throughout the course of 2019, The evo Group of Companies have set a number of core group targets that they aim to draw clear attention to. Set alongside four categories (Our People, Our Natural Environment, Our Communities and Our Supply Chain), these include:
- Increasing the number of training hours by 25%
- Investing a minimum of £200k in training for staff
Our Natural Environment
- A reduction of 30% on electricity and gas consumption by 2022
- Reducing water consumption by 10% by the year 2022.
- A commitment to reduce the consumption and use of single use plastics by 30% by 2020.
- Maintaining a stance on zero waste being sent to landfill.
- An overall reduction of waste by 2022 of 20%
- Increasing biodiversity across all evo Group sites
- Reducing the production of greenhouse gases by 20% by the year 2022
- A group commitment to donate 3,000 charity hours towards helping not-for-profit organisations during 2019.
- An overall increase in both monetary and non-monetary donations towards charitable causes by 20% during 2019.
Our Supply Chain
- Establishing a comprehensive database on the credentials of evo Group’s entire product range and supplier base by 2021
- An increase of double on the number of environmental and accredited product ranges that evo Group offers, also by 2021.
By following new standards set by the evoLUTION initiative, the evo Group of Companies will strive to continue evolving the market and driving forward wholesale change.